For international travel, you must have a passport. Numerous Passport Seva Centers operating under the Ministry of External Affairs authority offer passport services to the entire country (MEA).
The option to apply for passports is now available through the India Post. The facility has improved public access to passport services through Post Offices, increasing convenience to the neighborhood by avoiding the need for residents to travel long distances to obtain a passport.
There are 65 Post Office Passport Seva Kendras (POPSKs) in Aspirational Districts, making up the nation’s total of 428 POPSKs. The steps for obtaining a passport at the post office are listed below.
Passport Seva Kendras at the Post Office are what?
Front-end passport issuing services offered by passport offices include Passport Seva Kendras and Post Office Passport Seva Kendras.
These Kendras offer a variety of services, including the provision of tokens and the application for new or renewed passports.
Necessary documents for the application
- a document serving as identification, such as an Aadhaar card, voter ID, or driver’s licence.
- Age verification documents like birth certificates, transcripts, etc.
- driving permit, PAN card, and Aadhaar card.
- Proof of address documents include utility bills for water, gas, and electricity.
- Passbook with a picture
- Rent agreement (if applicable)
How to apply a Passport at a Post Office Near You
- Go to Passport Seva’s official website, passportindia.gov.in.
- Fill up and submit the online passport application form.
- After filing your application, go to the nearest post office with a Passport Seva Kendra and bring the original papers as well as your application print receipt.
- After the officials have properly validated your information, your passport will be issued within 7 to 14 working days.
- How to Set Up, Send, and Receive Payments on WhatsApp Pay?
You can now apply for a passport at the Post Office Passport Seva Kendra without an issue, but you must physically visit the centre with the print receipt and your original papers after submitting your application online.